Assistant Manager for Budget, Finance, and Administration
Rare Book School (RBS), a non-profit University-affiliated organization, currently seeks an Assistant Manager for Budget, Finance, and Administration to work in our small but fast-paced office on central grounds. He or she will work closely with the School’s Administrator for Budget, Finance, and Management to manage the organization’s University accounts in Oracle and assist with the budgeting process; oversee the foundation’s payroll and act as benefits coordinator; assist with the monthly review and reconciliation of foundation accounts; and help with other administrative and fiscal management responsibilities as needed. The ideal candidate must have integrity, strong attention to detail, patience, and a sense of humor; he or she must also be self-motivated and a good team player. Strong written and oral communication is important, and experience in a non-profit environment is strongly preferred. Looking for someone to work 20 hours a week with a consistent, year-round schedule. Regular duties include:
- Managing the foundation’s University accounts through Oracle, creating purchase orders, payment vouchers, and cost transfers; reconcile accounts entering data into the foundation’s Quickbooks file;
- Processing biweekly payroll for foundation employees through ADP payroll services, and post payroll data to foundation Quickbooks file;
- Assisting with monthly review and reconciliation of foundation accounts in Quickbooks;
- Assisting with annual budgeting process for UVA accounts;
- Maintaining and updating confidential personnel files;
- Coordinating hiring paperwork, and orienting new employees to the organization’s policies and procedures;
- Enrolling employees in benefits plans, and serving as point of contact for the foundation’s benefits policies;
- Working with ADP and our benefits managers to ensure required payroll and HR forms are completed and filed in a timely manner;
- Maintaining the foundation’s various insurance policies;
- Working with the Administrator for Budget, Finance, and Management to develop and maintain current HR and administrative policies.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience. Position has the potential to become full-time in the future. For more information, please write to email@example.com. To be considered for this position, please submit an application – with a resumé, cover letter, and references – at Jobs@UVA (the position will be linked to Book Arts Press, our legal name).
RBS Bookkeeping Assistant
Rare Book School (RBS), a non-profit University-affiliated organization, currently seeks a part-time Bookkeeping Assistant to work in our small but fast-paced office on central grounds. A responsible and hardworking person is desired to assist the Administrator for Budget, Finance, and Management with bookkeeping and data entry twenty hours per week throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have integrity, strong attention to detail, patience, and a sense of humor; ability to work a consistent year-round schedule is also important. Experience in an office environment and working with Excel software is required; experience working with Quickbooks in a non-profit environment is preferred. Regular duties include:
- Processing deposits and disbursements;
- Reviewing and recording credit card transactions;
- Posting data to Quickbooks;
- Managing financial files and archive;
- Other administrative duties as needed.
Hourly wage is commensurate with experience. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this job along with your resumé and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please write to the email above or phone 434-243-7213.